<body>

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Chapter 372: CNY continued

On the third day of CNY, my family went to maternal grandparents house for awhile before leaving for my 2nd aunt's house. There, the adults played Mahjong (4 of them, duh), while the kids played Blackjack. As blackjack is an uninteresting game that wastes money, I didn't take part in it. Instead, we set up another Mahjong game. We set it on the dining table as no more mahjong tables were available.. What's missing now is a Mahjong paper (or rather Mahjong papers). So my mum went downstairs to buy it. After realising that my mum took quite some time and she's not back yet, I decided to call her, only to hear the sound of her phone ringing - She didn't bring her phone along.

So, I decided to send my Quick Response Team a.k.a. Search and Rescue Team to search for her whereabouts. After some time, there was also no news from them.. so I called them to find out, it spells trouble if they did not answer... But they did. They returned shortly after - my mum had went to somewhere further to buy, thus taking a longer time period.

So, we went on with the game. I don't really like the idea of gambling. So, I suggested we play healthy Mahjong - we play without money. However, they think that playing without money is boring and pointless... so, that is the popular consensus and I had fallen to the evil side of peer pressure. In the end, we decided that the first 3 rounds are called warmup rounds that are played without money involval. After that, it is game on! We played without the "tai" thing as we're not very sure of it.. The stake was 50 cents/1 dollar.

This game supplemented my income by $10.50. Of which, $6.50 is used to subsidise my sister's loss 100% because of the kind nature and good brother I am, thank you. So, after deducting the good brother tax, I bring home $4.

---

Glad that Man Utd managed to hold Real Madrid 1-1 at the Bernabéu. I predicted a draw, though I would prefer a win haha. Nevertheless, its a good result to have and its game on at Old Trafford!

---



kamikorosu @ 8:51 PM





profile
entries
misc
affiliates