<body>

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Chapter 378: SAFTI MI

At around 3.15pm, I received a SMS from Shili, asking me to be punctual and not to be late. So, I changed and rushed out of my house and took LRT then MRT to Serangoon. When I was at Buangkok MRT station, Nich Khaw (nk) called me and asked me why I still so far from Serangoon... I was shocked a little, maybe everybody has reached Serangoon already and they are all waiting for me.... When I reached Serangoon, I used the quickest pace to walk/run to the circle line platform... only to see Desmond Ser and Bryan Heng walking there too. Then we saw nk sitting there, who thought the meeting time was 3.30pm. He was early by 15 mins. So, the 4 of us are present at 3.45pm. And where is shili? So much for be punctual. She arrived 4 mins later and we went to take train all the way to Buona Vista then to Joo Koon (first time going there.)

We then rushed to SAFTI MI through feet. We then took a shuttle bus to reach the parade grounds. We were still early. And even at 5.30pm, the event still hasn't started yet... (it was already 15 mins past the stipulated timing) There were limited seats left at the time we reached... and those seats are mostly blocked by a pillar.... what best brains of construction planning.

So, the parade started. Marching, singing, speech, inspection of parade etc.

There was this part where they did a slow march up the spectators' stand. So, my friends decided to be funny. Desmond recorded the whole thing. Shili kept saying "Hi Darren" repeatedly, nk was making some background music, and this caused Darren to almost laugh while trying to keep his serious face on. The usher saw and started laughing to himself.

We then took a picture with him later on, and then we went to Jurong Point as dinner is only catered to family members? (I think.) So, we left without Darren, while the parade ended prematurely due to inclement weather.

We went to eat at "Ambush". A fast casual European Dining place, but the "fast" doesn't seem to be true as we waited quite long, probably due to the massive amounts of people dining there at that time. The food is not bad, the price is very bad. One point in time, nk was playing with a bottle, which he claims to contain rice grains.
He then asked me: What is this rice grain used for?
I replied: When you don't have enough rice in your food, you can add the rice grains in.
He then asks: What if I keep shaking this?
I replied: Then it will turn into porridge.

We then went home respectively through the train. (except for nk who went to his friend's house.)


kamikorosu @ 12:40 AM





profile
entries
misc
affiliates