<body>

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chapter 379: The past weekend

On a Friday night, Chih Siong sent me a SMS. He told me to meet at "bugs tomorrow". So, I assumed that that was a typo and he really meant "Bugis". So, I replied ok. After that, I start to be a little paranoid... maybe there really is such a shop/place called "bugs", just that I am not aware of it... If that happens and I did not clarify, then I will be a stupid fool waiting alone in Bugis for nobody... while the rest are wondering and waiting impatiently at "bugs".
I clarified with him and it really is "Bugis" thankfully.. orelse I do not know how to locate "bugs". Maybe google maps?

Saturday night, I travelled to Bugis. As usual, when I'm early, no one is there. So, I waited there. Awhile later, CS appeared and told me that Prashaanth told him that he has already reached.. but I didn't see him. Just after CS completed his sentence, I turned to my right and saw Prashaanth there... "hiding" at 1 corner. No wonder I didnt spot him.

So, we went around Bugis looking for a suitable gift. We looked at wallets at the "Wallet Shop". Then, we looked around at lots of things - from belts to ties to watches to caps to shirts. At that point, we somehow thought that we're just spending time window shopping... cause we'll most likely be buying the wallet at the end of the day. At the end of the day, we glanced upon a free lucky dip at G2000. So, Prash tried and got a 40% voucher. So, we decided to just buy something there. We then saw that the best prize from the dip was 50% discount voucher. So, CS and I went to try too... and both of us ended up getting 30% vouchers. We got a tie in the end, paid with 40% discount voucher.

So, our present to Arvind for his birthday is 1 tie plus two 30% vouchers. What a nice present and brilliant idea we got there, don't you think so?

We then headed over to "Landmark Village Hotel" for Arvind's birthday party.
Another rich kid, I'm the poorest kid around.
The party was quite good, only thing is that its Indian food and Tamil music. But that doesn't really matter much since food and music are universal. Oh, and the chocolate cake was great, damn nice.

On a Sunday, my family and I went to my grandparents' place, before we headed over to offer our prayers to our ancestors. We also prayed at the "tua pek kong" temple. This time, when I was given candles to lit, I told them that they forbid lighting of candles. I know that because I am guilty of breaching that rule 2 years consecutive previously.. and now I have learnt and will not make the same mistake again. Those who do not learn from History and condemned to repeat the same mistake.

Anyways, I finally got the concert tickets for OPUS thanks to my sis and her friends!


kamikorosu @ 10:46 PM





profile
entries
misc
affiliates